Thursday, September 14, 2006

Psalm 23


God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from.

True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.

Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.

You serve me a six course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing.

Your beauty chase afer me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Daryl said...

Hey I've been there. We went there his summer and climbed up that waterfall, then up the next one and up steam to a bigger one we couldn't get up. Anywho, I should really get working on my blog again.

Rob Jirucha said...

Hey Daryl,

Yes, I meant to email you about that. I went there two weeks ago, hiked up there with Dawson and fished a little. Very beautiful spot! It was warmer this time, not so cold as when we hiked there with the youth. I still remember you swimming to the little falls. That is a good memory!

I would love to talk soon about your life in BC!

There is a great book for you to read...you'll probably have no time for it. It's called The Language of God by F. COllins. You can get it at Regent's Bookstore. It's on a table all of its own. There are also CD's of it. It's the latest and greates on scientfic/faith matters related to creation, DNA, etc. If it looks good, buy it (cd or book). If you want, you can keep receipt and I'll reimburse you...I can always use it as an extra copy when you're done with it.